Publication date: 2020
First publication date: 2020
Electronic version: pdf
License : open access
finance and banking,
Case studies in emerging markets: Management, business, finance, marketing
Availability and purchaseElectronic version
*Clicking the button takes you to an external open access or selling platform.
The book is available in library subscriptions: Ibuk Libra and EBSCO.
Matysek-Jędrych, A. (Ed.). (2020). Case studies in emerging markets: Management, business, finance, marketing. Poznań: Poznań University of Economics and Business Press.
The book contains a series of eight long case studies on various business issues in emerging markets (for instance Polish, Chinese, Nigerian). The authors focus on a variety of topics from marketing, through business operations, finance, leadership, innovation, business development, internationalization and decisions to human resources management. Also, the perspective of the analyzed issues is varied, in the initial case studies, the microeconomic approach dominates, then the mezoeconomic and macroeconomic approach. The team of authors included both academics, with extensive teaching experience in English-speaking studies, and business practitioners whose practical knowledge allows them to explore contemporary business challenges in emerging markets. We are putting this book in the hands of lecturers and students of economics, finance, and management, believing that it will be a source of inspiration, discussion and will allow to better explore contemporary business. At the same time, we hope that by offering this book, we are filling a gap in the publication market, which has been dominated by case studies dedicated to well-known companies, well-known brands, and mature markets.
1. Agile product development and user experience at Allegro—a response to the growing market of demands and customer needs by Alina Magowska, Piotr Szatybełko
2. Alvo Medical LLC on selected Asian markets by Małgorzata Bartosik-Purgat, Barbara Jankowska and Krzysztof Wąchnicki
3. Foreign market entry and growth in emerging markets: The case of Guinness in Nigeria by Barbara Jankowska, Małgorzata Bartosik-Purgat, Peter Victor
4. SOMETHING out of nothing: The case study of Stary Browar (Old Brewery) in Poznan, Poland by Anna Matysek-Jędrych
5. Brentix: An industry challenge in a globalised world by Katarzyna Mroczek-Dąbrowska
6. China and USA: Trade war in the case of Huawei by Piotr Bubrowski
7. Nearshoring in software engineering from Central Europe: Case study on the challenges of rapid growth by Leszek Tasiemski
8. A note on data-driven B2B pricing transformations in emerging markets by Jacek Wallusch
About the contributors